An Alumni Association is a development partner for the College, its students, and the community. Alumni relationships are lifelong relationships nurturing mutual support and growth. It provides a variety of benefits and services and maintains connections to their educational institution and fellow graduates. The Alumni Association aims to bring all the outstanding individuals together on a single platform. It provides a forum to form new friendships and business relationships with people of similar background. Alumni Meeting, a networking event conceived to exchange experiences and to share ideas with current students, faculties and staff. The alumni meet give an opportunity to renew bonds with past classmates and cherish their relationship with faculties and staff members.
Need of Alumni Association
KMM College formed the Alumni association with a vision to promote an inspiring relation with the former students of this college and to motivate current students to maintain a cordial relationship with the institution, thus enhancing the institution’s brand. The need and importance of alumni organizations play a significant role in the growth of any educational institution. The Alumni association is a network of professional contacts which can bring many job opportunities for current students. It can thus help in boosting the employability and support their juniors effectively. The alumni association helps everyone stay connected and the members of alumni can provide a base of mentorship for their juniors. The professionals who belong to different sectors can be brought in one place and their experience would help building the career of their juniors. With that in mind our Alumni Association can collectively improve the stature of our institution.
Objectives of the Alumni
- Provide a forum and platform to create and encourage a sense of belonging among the alumni, the present students and the staff.
- To develop a spirit of loyalty among the alumni which will prompt them to work for the all-round development of the college.
- To exchange ideas and knowledge for mutual development and create a healthy academic, social and cultural atmosphere.
- To bring together all the talents of the Alumni who will render voluntary services to the college, especially to the needy students of the college by sponsoring scholarships, prizes, and stipends.
- To provide information of employment opportunities in various fields to students- present and past and give proper direction to them.
- To bring about contact between the past and present students by holding periodical Alumni Day Celebrations as may be decided by the executive committee.
Functions of Alumni Associations
The primary function of Alumni association is to start the network of former graduates, who will in turn solicit donations that helps the institution to branch out its fame. Successful graduates from the association can help with career development of other graduates, who are pursuing, and also for other graduates in the association. Online portals and platforms should be designed for the adequate functioning of the coalition. The association should also adopt core values of excellence and advocacy. It also conducts certain special social events for the students to be felt connected with the college and hence developing working relationship with other Alumni council members. It also functions as a great resources to grant scholarships, job postings, and online resources for job seekers.
Eligibility for the membership and registration procedure
Those students who have passed out from the institute will get the registration. Persons desirous of becoming members of the association shall fill up the application form prescribed for the purpose and pay the amount prescribed for the category of membership. The said form shall be placed before the executive council whose decision on admission of membership shall be final.
Membership in the Association shall consist of regular, associate and honorary members.
- The undergraduate alumni membership shall consist of those who have attended and successfully completed at least one academic year in the college.
- The graduate alumni membership shall consist of those who have been awarded a graduate college degree from the University in any of the graduate programs offered by the University.
The membership shall be open to any of the Faculty, Part-time lecturers, Lab assistants, Administrative and support staff who have served the institution.
The Association can also confer the Honorary Membership to persons of eminence who have contributed immensely or have shown a keen interest for the development of the institution.
Cessation of Membership:
A member of Association shall cease to be such a member if he/she resigns from his/her membership or is of unsound mind or is convicted by a court of any offence involving moral conductor on termination of the membership by the Executive Committee for compelling reasons.
The Executive Committee shall decide the membership fees. It shall be reviewed every five years.
There shall be an Executive Committee of the Association which shall have all powers to manage the affairs of the Association and contract for services but shall not have the power to amend this Constitution. All positions on the Executive Committee are non-paid. The Executive Committee shall be composed of the following:
- Chairperson The Principal of the institution.
- Conveners: Two Senior Teachers of the institution as nominated by Chairperson.
- 8 members on Executive Committee as appointed by General Body.
– Vice President
– Public Relations Officer or Communications Specialist
|Alumni Association Committee|
|Chairperson||Mrs. Sabana Backer||Principal||Principal|
|Conveners||Nasiya KA &|
Resmi P R
|Member 2||Sheema Rajan||Faculty||Computer Science|
|Member 3||Kavya R Kurup||Faculty||English|
|Member 4||Risvi P||Faculty||Maths|
|Member 5||Jisni Nixon||HOD||B B A|
|Member 6||Mariya T J||Faculty||Psychology|
|Member 7||Susan Mathew||Faculty||BFT|
|Member 8||Usha Thomas||HOD||MBA|