The Parent Teacher Association is a statutorily constituted elected body of parents and teachers for facilitating parental participation in enhancing the overall development of the college. It is a mandatory association in affiliated higher education institutions. The PTA aspires for co-operation of participation of parents in full measure in the wholesome activities of the college. It is a platform for parents to obtain knowledge and voice their opinions.
- To work for the welfare of students by maintaining discipline and attaining high academic standards
- To support the quality enhancement of the teaching and learning process
- To institute scholarships, prizes, medals etc. to benefit students showing high proficiency in their studies
- To provide amenities to the students
- To encourage parents/ guardians to be involved in the education and development of the students
The PTA is formed to get parents involved in their children’s academics as well as to help and reform the institutional systems. The prime concern of the association is to promote the development of the college by providing a channel for both parents and the college to exchange opinions concerning college policies. The PTA extends its function by promoting community service to less privileged and vulnerable members of our society.
The PTA provides constant support for all academic and non-academic development programmes of the college. The association consists of elected members of staff and parents with the principal as its president and an elected parent member as the Vice President. The secretary is elected from among the teachers. The general body of the PTA meets annually and elects the members of its executive committee which meets periodically to transact business. The PTA is strongly involved in the conduct of internal examinations, open houses, parental awareness, and orientation program and infrastructure development. Executive committee interacts with parents in their circle and come up with a common agenda to work towards it during an academic year; thus preparing a single annual plan.
5. PTA EXECUTIVECOMMITTEE MEMBERS[2021-2022]
|1||Mrs. Sabana Backer, Principal – President|
|2||Mr Anil Kumar – Vice President|
|3||Mrs. Shemi M.A, Department of Commerce – Secretary|
|4||Faculty Representatives |
Mrs. Niphi VX ,Department of Commerce
Mrs. Saritha S, Department of Mathematics
Mrs. Sethulakshmi M K,Department of English
Mrs. Alphonsa MV, Department of Computer Science
1. Mr. Nazeer KA
2. Mr. Johnson MV
3.Mrs. Bindu PA
4.Mr. Castro Joseph
- ACTIVITIES OF THE COMMITTEE FOR 2021-2022.
- Orientation classes were organised for all the students and parents of 1st year students of all courses in an online mode.
- Coordinated Covid vaccination drive at the campus in collaboration with Futureace hospital, Edapally.Proper covid protocols were also released inside the campus for ensuring safety of students.
- Decided to Honour university rank holders in the college day function.
- Conducted model exams and the performance of students were evaluated by conducting open houses for the first and third semester students.